The bills a patient will receive for surgery and the cost of the surgery will depend primarily on the following items. You will likely receive separate bills for each.
- Sugar Land Surgery Center’s fee for the type of procedure. This fee includes nursing care, medications, standard supplies, and use of the operating and recovery rooms.
- The surgeon’s fee for performing the surgery.
- The Anesthesiologist’s fee for providing anesthesia for the procedure, if applicable. Depending on the procedure performed, patients also may receive bills for laboratory or x-ray tests prior to and/or after the procedure or bills from other care providers such as durable medical equipment (DME) providers, pathologist, radiologist and/or surgical assistants.
We require payment of your deductible, co-payment, and co-insurance at the time of admission. We accept cash, checks, debit and all major credit cards. For procedures that are not covered by insurance and for patients who do not have medical insurance, we require full payment (100%) at the time of admission. Please call our office prior to your surgery date if special payment arrangements are necessary. For your convenience, patients may pay their estimated Sugar Land Surgery Center facility fee’s prior to the date of surgery by using the Online Bill Pay. As applicable, patients may also use this link to pay any remaining balance after the procedure has been performed, billed, and paid by the insurance to the facility.
***All financial obligations prior to surgery are strictly an estimate based upon the procedure(s) scheduled by your physician. Once billed to insurance there may be additional fees, as applicable, as typically identified on the Explanation of Benefits form from the payer.
As a courtesy prior to the date of surgery, Sugar Land Surgery Center will verify patient insurance coverage and benefits for patients and will make every effort to communicate this information to the patient before the surgery date. We currently accept the following Managed Care Providers:
- Aetna HMO/PPO
- Aetna Medicare PPO Product only
- BCBS-all products including Blue Choice Solutions
- Cigna– all products
- Coastal Comp Health Network PPO
- Community Health Choice
- First Health
- Fidelis Secure Care of Texas
- Galaxy Health Network
- Health Smart Preferred Care
- Humana (HMO/PPO/Some Medicare Products)
- Humana Veteran Healthcare Services
- Independent Medical Systems
- Kelsey Care
- Majoris Health System (Work Comp)
- Molina Medicaid
- Molina Medicare
- National Healthcare Solutions
- PPO NEXT
- Prime Health Services (Work Comp)
- Private Health Care System (PHCS)
- PHCS Savility
- Secure Horizons
- Superior Health Plan Medicaid
- Superior Health Plan Medicare
- Texan Plus/Select Care
- Texas Children’s CHIP
- Texas Children’s STAR
- United Healthcare (HMO/PPO/POS)
- UHC Community Plan CHIP
- UHC Community Plan STAR + PLUS
- UHC Community Plan Texas Star
- UHC Community Plan Medicare
If you have any questions about financial arrangements or billing, call us at (281) 274-6670.