- Financial Information and Arrangements
Financial Information and Arrangements
The bills a patient will receive for surgery and the cost of the surgery will depend primarily on the following items. You will likely receive separate bills for each.
- Sugar Land Surgery Center’s fee for the type of procedure. This fee includes nursing care, medications, standard supplies, and use of the operating and recovery rooms.
- The surgeon’s fee for performing the surgery.
- The Anesthesiologist’s fee for providing anesthesia for the procedure, if applicable. Depending on the procedure performed, patients also may receive bills for laboratory or x-ray tests prior to and/or after the procedure or bills from other care providers such as durable medical equipment (DME) providers, pathologist, radiologist and/or surgical assistants.
We require payment of your deductible, co-payment, and co-insurance at the time of admission. We accept cash, checks, debit and all major credit cards. For procedures that are not covered by insurance and for patients who do not have medical insurance, we require full payment (100%) at the time of admission. Please call our office prior to your surgery date if special payment arrangements are necessary. For your convenience, patients may pay their estimated Sugar Land Surgery Center facility fee’s prior to the date of surgery by using the EZ Link. As applicable, patients may also use this link to pay any remaining balance after the procedure has been performed, billed, and paid by the insurance to the facility.
***All financial obligations prior to surgery are strictly an estimate based upon the procedure(s) scheduled by your physician. Once billed to insurance there may be additional fees, as applicable, as typically identified on the Explanation of Benefits form from the payor.
As a courtesy prior to the date of surgery, Sugar Land Surgery Center will verify patient insurance coverage and benefits for patients and will make every effort to communicate this information to the patient before the surgery date. We currently accept the following Managed Care Providers:
- AETNA ALL PRODUCTS
- AVERDE HEALTH
- BCBS ALL PRODUCTS
- CIGNA (All products)
- COMMUNITY HEALTH CHOICE STAR/CHIPS
- CORVEL WORKMANS COMP
- FIDELIS SECURECARE
- FIRST HEALTH
- GALAXY HEALTHCARE
- HEALTHSPRING – TEXAS HEALTHSPRING
- HUMANA ALL PRODUCTS
- MAJORIS HEALTH SYSTEMS – WORKMANS COMP
- MEDICARE RAIL ROAD
- NATIONAL CHOICE CARE
- PHCS PPO/SAVILITY
- PPO NEXT
- SECURE HORIZONS
- SELECT CARE OF TEXAS
- SUPERIOR HEALTH PLAN
- TEXAS CHILDREN’S CHIP
- TEXAS CHILDREN’S STAR
- TEXAS TRUE CHOICE
- TEXAS WORKMANS COMP
- UNITED HEALTHCARE ALL PRODUCTS
- UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICAID (TEXAS STAR/STAR PLUS/CHIP)
- UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE
If you have any questions about financial arrangements or billing, call us at (281) 274-6670.